Computer Tip of the Day – Don’t Forget Those Control Keys!
We all like to be as efficient as we can be. Whether you are in Word or composing an e-mail, if you prefer the keypad to the mouse, using control- keys can save you a lot of time!
Our computer tip of the day will help.
Computer tip of the day
You’ve probably seen at least some of these, but here’s a comprehensive list of Control+one letter commands.
- Ctrl + A Select All
- Ctrl + B Bold the selection or toggle Bold on and off
- Ctrl + C Copy the selected text
- Ctrl + D Open the Font Dialog Box
- Ctrl + E Center align text
- Ctrl + F Open Find Dialog Box
- Ctrl + G Open GoTo Dialog Box
- Ctrl + H Open Find and Replace Dialog Box
- Ctrl + I Italicize selected text or toggle Italicize on and off
- Ctrl + J Justifies the selected text (aligns to both left and right margins)
- Ctrl + K Insert Hyperlink
- Ctrl + L Left align text
- Ctrl + M Indent the paragraph
- Ctrl + N Open new blank document
- Ctrl + O Opens the Open Document Dialog Box
- Ctrl + P Opens Print Dialog Box
- Ctrl + Q Remove Paragraph Formatting
- Ctrl + R Right align text
- Ctrl + S Save open document
- Ctrl + T Create hanging indent
- Ctrl + U Underline selected text or toggle underline on and off
- Ctrl + V Paste previously copied text
- Ctrl + W Close Word document
- Ctrl + X Cut selected text
- Ctrl + Y Redo an undone action, or repeat an action
- Ctrl + Z CtrlZ is the hero of control keys. While holding down the Ctrl key, press the Z and it will undo your last action. Inadvertently deleted the text from your term paper? No problem, before you do anything else, press CtrlZ and your text will magically reappear!
The post Computer Tip of the Day – Don’t Forget Those Control Keys! appeared first on AE Technology Group.